Are you worried about something but not sure who to talk to? Why not come and see me I am here to help. I am Louise Knotman and I am Primary Inclusion Partnership (PIP) Team Leader.
I am here to give you support and help on anything that you may need some advice or assistance with:
- Studying/Going back to College
- Parent Support
- Food Bank Support
I will be in Holy Name School every Thursday from 9.00am in the school hall. Please come along for a coffee, croissants and a chat. Look forward to meeting you.
I can be contacted 07985 513 514 or by email:
If you have a non- urgent query, I also have a box in the school office so you can leave a written message which I will pick up on the next Thursday I am in school.
Martenscroft offers early years support for Parents and Carers. Below are documents/flyers which offer support drop in sessions and other projects. Click HERE for a link directly to Martenscroft.
Free Child Care
See whether you are entitled to Free Child Care for two year olds. Click HERE to be taken directly to the City Council Leaflet explaining this entitlement
Click HERE to be taken directly to the section of the City Council Website which will give all the information you need including details of providers of this entitlement.
Additonal to the list below is Chrysalis Day Nursery which is located in on Westerling Way, Moss Side. Please click on the file below for full details of services offered by Chrysalis Family Centre.
Mosscare Housing Group are supporting Chrysalis Family Centre of Moss Side with a local venture by allowing them to use one of their commercial properties at 99 Claremont Rd rent free for a period of 6 weeks.
The venture is a pop-up shop to be run by the charity called Chrysalis. Their profits will go towards funding their Family Centre and as relief for Africa Womens’ Union*. The official opening and media opportunity will be on Monday 21st July at 12 noon at The Chrysalis Shop, 99 Claremont Road, Moss Side, Manchester. M14 4RG. Cllr Alistair Cox will be in attendance to officially open the shop along with other volunteers, guests and Moss Care representatives.
The shop will provide a risk-free environment for Chrysalis and other organisations to trial a retail experience and have the opportunity to diversify income through the sale of African attire, new and used clothing, and handmade goods all with a view to pursuing this further in the future.
The principle is that people bring new and used goods to the shop for the shop to sell on their behalf. Once sold the shop retains 10% of the income and pays the owner the remaining 90%. They are also happy to take donations of goods that they can sell and keep 100% of the profit.
The opening times will be between 10am and 4pm Tuesday to Saturday.
Any donations would be greatly appreciated and can be any of the following:
- Noelectrical items
- Childrens Toys must have the CE label
- Soft furnishings must have the relevant fire labels
- Food and drink must have ingredients listed and allergy information
- ALL items must be clean and in good condition
Donations should be delivered straight to the shop.
Chrysalis Family Centre
The centre is established to provide benefits for the inhabitants of Moss Side without distinction of sex, or of political, religious or other opinions by associating the local authorities, Voluntary Organisations, and the local inhabitants in the following ways:
– To advance education for the public benefit by providing advice and support upon question of housing, social welfare benefits, unemployment and related topics.
– To preserve and protect the good health of young persons who are or have been victims of abuse by the provision of advice and a counselling and support service.
– To preserve and protect the psychological health of persons who are under stress as a result of struggling, (through the effects of poverty, poor housing or similar factors) to care for their children at home.
*African Women’s Union (CIC)
The AWU exists to:
– Support African women in prison on discharge to acquire skills to live a crime-free life outside prison;
– Empower and inform African women who are destitute and under bondage by their male counterpart;
– Support returnees going back home to pass through the immigration process smoothly;
– Support women and children from refugee camps of war-torn parts of Africa and work collaboratively with the support of the UN;
– Support and empower parents of youth who are refugees, in collaboration with the UK Border Agency;
– Provide support and create awareness for those women who have been subjected to sexual violence due to conflict.
For further information or interviews contact Dr Erinma Bell, MBE DL – Chair of Chrysalis Manchester on 07903390882 or Julie Asumu, Project Manager, Chrysalis Manchester on 0161 226 8090. Ingrid Gaskell – Technical Services Manager, Moss Care Housing Group 0161 226 4211.Chrysalis Family Centre.