Dear Parents, Carers and Friends,
Welcome to Holy Name Roman Catholic Primary School. We believe that choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important responsibilities you undertake.
It is my very great honour to work with our dedicated governors, to lead this OUTSTANDING, successful and thriving Catholic School. At Holy Name RC we always put children first. Our children are encouraged to become confident, caring and articulate and to use their abilities to the full. We provide a calm and happy atmosphere and set the highest standards of respect, courtesy, hard work and achievement for all children and adults.
It is our mission to provide the best quality Catholic education for the whole child, working together with parents/carers and our Catholic Community, so that children develop a love for learning. Strong, committed partnerships between our school and our parents play a crucial role in our children’s development into young adults. By working together we will give your child the best start in life. We strive to promote the values of our Christian faith throughout our daily life. We provide a religious syllabus, which develops our children’s knowledge and understanding of our faith, whilst enabling children to relate these values to all the aspects of our life within the Faith Community of our Parish.
Creativity, fun and broadening horizons are central to our work. We find as many ways as possible to provide a curriculum which will stimulate, inspire and raise standards for every child in our school. We are always working towards providing exciting contexts for real learning as well as providing a solid understanding of the basics.
This includes providing
- A range of educational trips including a trip abroad for Year 6 to Nerja, Spain, Year 5 outdoor pursuit lake district residential and regular visits to museums, art galleries, libraries, countryside and coast.
- A range of extracurricular activities including sports club, prayer group, breakfast club, street dance, art club and Eco gardening Club.
- Opportunities to learn how to read music and play an instrument through the instruments of Guitar, Steel Pans and Ukulele
- Opportunities to compete in the Royal Tatton Flower Show, perform at the Royal Northern College for music, participate at the Northern Catholic Conference and to study Shakespeare and perform on stage.
- Leadership opportunities through our GIFT Team and Eco Council.
All of this at little or no cost to parents.
We are well thought of in the community, locally, nationally and also internationally – being the only primary school in Manchester to be granted the full International Schools Award in recognition for our outstanding international dimension work within the Curriculum four times from 2005 – 2017. We also have the Active Mark for our commitment to delivering a varied and enriched physical activity programme.
We are very proud of our children and are regularly praised for their behaviour both in and out of school. The wide range of cultures and backgrounds of the children make belonging to Holy Name RC School an interesting, rewarding and uplifting experience. Many people are struck by how special our school is when they visit.
I believe passionately that if you come and visit our school you will experience first hand the happy, inclusive ethos and excitement for learning that exists within our Catholic School Community.
I look forward to meeting you and your child in the near future.